Ukraine’s labor market shows signs of rebounding
The average median salary in Ukraine as of March was 16,000 hryvnias, the most popular profession is bartender (Photo:© Pixabay)
Ukraine’s labor market is showing signs of rebounding after the number of job vacancies increased by 14% compared to February, according to an analytical study by the Work.ua portal released on April 6.
Demand in the hospitality and tourism sectors showed the fastest signs of growth.
Even Ukraine’s frontline regions are showing signs of heating up, with Ukraine’s median salary rising to UAH 16,000 ($438).
Over 75,000 vacancies were posted on Work.ua in March, up 14% from February. That’s about 75% of the pre-war 2022 level and 91% compared to 2021.
The most vacancies were seen in Kyiv Oblast (22,700, +14% compared to February).
Other regions showing significant growth include Lviv Oblast (7,500, +9%), Dnipropetrovsk Oblast (7,100, +12%), Odesa Oblast (5,400, +22%), and Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast (2,400, +21%).
There were 7,200 vacancies posted in the hotel, restaurant, and tourism sector, a 29% growth from February. There were 1,300 (+40%) bartender positions posted alone.
The fastest growing position is grill cook – the 95 vacancies represent a 94% increase from February.
The most competitive positions for job seekers were digital specialists and positions with the ability to work remotely. Applications for front-end and Java programmers tripled and quadrupled compared to March 2022, which could be the result of optimizations in the IT sector.
On the other side, applications for beauty salon administrator decreased by 10 times compared to March 2022.
The least competitive vacancies usually come from the medical field, including ultrasound specialist, gastroenterologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist, and pharmacist. Other low competition vacancies include miner, toolmaker, and diesel engineer.
The median salary in Ukraine is UAH 16,000 ($438), with Odesa Oblast (UAH 15,000, +500 UAH) and Lviv Oblast (UAH 16,000, +500) seeing the biggest increases.
The top 7 highest non-IT and non-management salaries are:
- UAH 52,500 ($1,438) for media buyer
- UAH 40,000 ($1,096) for international driver
- UAH 32,500 ($890) for business analyst
- UAH 30,000 ($822) for reinforcer, straightener, or realtor
- UAH 27,750 ($760) for web designer, car electrician, diesel engineer, or warranty engineer
- UAH 26,000 ($712) for category manager
- UAH 25,000 ($685) for 3D visualizer, car mechanic, foreman, construction worker, interior designer, dental technician, development manager, foreign trade manager, operations manager, project manager, CNC programmer, stone processing specialist, or financial analyst.
The lowest salaries go to:
- UAH 8,000 ($219) for cleaners
- UAH 9,000 ($247) for dishwashers
- UAH 9,000 ($247) for orderlies
Higher labor activity was also observed in the IT sector.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News