At least 34 people trapped under rubble of five-story building after Russian rocket attack in Donetsk Oblast (UPDATE)

10 July, 12:46 PM
Consequences of enemy shelling in Donetsk Oblast (Photo:Pavlo Kyrylenko/Facebook)

Consequences of enemy shelling in Donetsk Oblast (Photo:Pavlo Kyrylenko/Facebook)

At least three dozen people, including a child, are trapped under the rubble of a five-story building hit by Russian Uragan rocket in the town of Chasiv Yar in Donetsk region, late on July 9, Donetsk Governor Pavlo Kyrylenko said in a Facebook post on July 10.

UPDATE: The number of casualties in the attack grew to 15 people killed, State Emergency Service told Suspilne. Five people were rescued from under the rubble. 

He said that rescue teams had managed to bring six dead and five wounded to the surface.

Kyrylenko said two entrances to the building had been completely destroyed. Rescuers are working at the scene trying to save those trapped under the rubble.

Видео дня

According to local residents, at least 34 people, including a 9-year-old child, could be there.

So far, rescuers have managed to establish contact with two people still alive under the rubble.

Help NV continue reporting on the Russian invasion

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X