As a result of a Russian rocket attack on Mykolaiv in the morning of July 29, seven victims are in serious condition, city Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych has reported.
“The consequences of the morning attack on the public transport stop in Mykolaiv are very tragic,” said Senkevych.
“So far, five people have died and 12 people were hospitalized with injuries. Seven of them are in serious condition, three are being operated on and four are in intensive care.”
The mayor noted that the attack was made by multiple launch rocket systems firing cluster munitions, so the area of damage is very large.
“That’s why there are so many victims,” added Senkevych. “There are also lightly wounded people who will be treated at home after they receive medical assistance.”
Earlier, Senkevych said that Russian troops fired at Mykolaiv using cluster shells.
The head of the Mykolaiv regional military administration, Vitaly Kim, said that the shells fell near a public transport stop.
As a result of the attack by Russian invading forces, five people were killed and 13 more were injured.