Death toll from missile strike in Chasiv Yar rises to 24 (UPDATE)

11 July, 04:18 PM
The number of victims of the occupiers' strikes on Chasovoy Yar has increased to 24. (Photo:State Emergency Service of Ukraine)

The number of victims of the occupiers' strikes on Chasovoy Yar has increased to 24. (Photo:State Emergency Service of Ukraine)

The number of people killed in a Russian missile attack on the town of Chasiv Yar in Donetsk Oblast on July 9 has increased to 24, the State Emergency Service in the region said on July 11.

The State Emergency Service said that as of 1.55 p.m, the bodies of two more people had been found during rescue operations.

In total, 24 bodies of people have been found and nine people have been rescued from under the rubble. At the same time, rescuers said that the bodies of another five people could be seen under the rubble.

Видео дня

Rescue operations are underway.


A total of 28 people were reported to have been wounded in the attack.


 Rescue teams continue to work at the scene. Earlier they said another 22 people, including a nine-year-old child, may be trapped under the rubble of one of the five-story buildings hit by the Russian attack.

Russia launched four Uragan heavy anti-personnel rockets at the town of Chasiv Yar in Donetsk Oblast late on July 9, which resulted in the destruction of two five-story residential buildings.

Having made few territorial gains in Ukraine in the last few weeks, Russia’s invasion army appears to have switched tactics to strike with rockets and cruise missiles at civilian targets far behind the front lines, apparently in an attempt to terrorize Ukraine’s civilian population.

Help NV continue reporting on the Russian invasion

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

poster
Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news
X