Germany provides Ukraine with additional Iris-T SLM missiles
IRIS-T system (Photo:_AD_CHANEL6/Twitter)
Another batch of military aid from Germany, which includes additional Iris-T SLM missiles, has arrived in Ukraine, the German government reported on Jan. 27.
The recently delivered military support to Ukraine includes the following:
● Iris-T SLM missiles;
● 13 trucks;
● two load-handling trucks 15t;
● 12 truck tractor trains and four semi-trailers;
● 12 border protection vehicles;
● two pick-ups.
Germany has also updated its list of military support to Ukraine in planning/in execution with:
● 14 Leopard 2 A 6 main battle tanks with ammunition;
● two armored recovery vehicles Bergepanzer 3;
● two air surveillance radars;
● 78 truck tractor trains and 86 semi-trailers.
On Oct. 11, 2022, Germany handed over the first out of the four pledged IRIS-T air defense systems to the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
Chancellor Olaf Scholz said on Oct. 24 that Germany would hand over three more IRIS-T systems to Ukraine as soon as possible. Prior to that, then-German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht stated that Kyiv would receive three more IRIS-T air defense systems in 2023.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News