Invaders destroy humanitarian aid center, houses in Luhansk Oblast, says governor

12 April, 01:29 PM
Russian occupiers are destroying houses in the cities of Luhansk Oblast (Photo:Serhiy Haidai/Telegram)

Russian occupiers are destroying houses in the cities of Luhansk Oblast (Photo:Serhiy Haidai/Telegram)

Invading Russian forces continue to shell settlements in Luhansk Oblast, Luhansk Governor Serhiy Haidai reported via the Telegram messenger on April 12.

He said that 12 residential buildings had been destroyed in the past day, in particular in the towns of Rubizhne, Sievierodonetsk, Lysychansk, and Novodruzhesk.

"Unfortunately, there were casualties in Lysychansk – a man was killed, three more people were injured, while two evacuated from the shelling in time," Haidai said.

Видео дня

The invaders also destroyed a humanitarian aid center in Sievierodonetsk that fed 300 people daily. It came under massive shelling.

"Eight shells at once hit the premises of the former house-building factory, where the center was located, and destroyed the walls,” said Mykola Nadulichnyi, head of the Luhansk Association of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities.

“As a result, a serious fire broke out at the warehouse. Fortunately, there were no casualties."

Nadulichnyi said the center had provided food and hygiene products for bedridden patients. Every day, public activists set up kits and delivered them by car, bicycle, or on foot.

On March 29, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced that the main tasks of the first stage of the "special military operation" had been completed, so the Russian armed forces would focus on the "liberation of the Donbas."

After that, Russian shelling of Ukrainian settlements in Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts significantly intensified. The invaders are trying to surround the Ukrainian military in the zone of the Joint Forces Operation in the Donbas region.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X