98% of Ukrainians believe Ukraine will win the war against Russia

12 August 2022, 02:49 PM
Ukrainians (Photo:REUTERS)

Ukrainians (Photo:REUTERS)

98% of Ukrainians believe in the victory of Ukraine in the full-scale war against Russia, and 91% approve of the actions of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, according to a survey done by the Ukrainian sociological research group Rating, commissioned by the Center for Insights in Survey Research (CISR) of the International Republican Institute (IRI) on June 27-28.

According to the published results of the survey, 98% of respondents answered affirmatively to the question of whether they believe that Ukraine will win the war. 1% of respondents answered that they do not believe so and another 1% were undecided.

In a previous survey conducted in April, 97% believed in the victory of Ukraine in the war.

Video of day

When asked whether they support the actions of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, 59% answered that they strongly support them and 32% that they rather support them. Thus, overalll, 91% of respondents support the president's actions. At the same time, only 2% of respondents strongly disapprove of his actions, another 5% rather disapproves.

The actions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fully supported by 88% of respondents, and mostly supported by 10%. Thus, 98% of Ukrainians approve of the actions of the army.

At the same time, according to the survey, support for NATO membership has increased in recent months. 72% of Ukrainians would support joining the alliance if a referendum on the matter was held now. This is a jump of 13 percentage points compared to the results of a similar survey conducted in April.

This new survey also demonstrates the belief held by the vast majority of Ukrainians that Ukraine will not cede territory to the Russian invaders. 64% believe that Ukraine will keep all territories from its internationally recognized borders in 1991 after the current war. Another 14% believe that Ukraine will regain the territory that was under its control before the Russian attack on February 24.

When asked "What concessions are you personally willing to make to end the war?" 40% answered “None.” 29% believe that Ukraine can declare neutral status and refuse to join NATO. 8% answered that Russian can be recognized as the country’s second official state language. 6% believe that Ukraine can recognize the so-called "DPR" and "LPR" as independent states within the borders that were occupied until February 24, and 5% are ready to recognize Crimea as part of Russia.

The survey was conducted using computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI) using a random sample of mobile phone numbers.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news