Nine-year-old boy dies as a result of injuries sustained in Zaporizhzhya high-rise attack
Consequences of an enemy missile attack on a high-rise building in Zaporizhzhia (Photo:REUTERS/Stringer)
A nine-year-old boy succumbed to injuries suffered in the Russian missile attack on high-rise buildings in Zaporizhzhya on March 22, the Zaporizhzhya Oblast Military Administration (OVA) reported on March 26.
“The number of casualties due to the terrorist attack on March 22 has increased: a nine-year-old boy died in the hospital,” the report said.
Doctors had been fighting to save the victim’s life for two days, but they were unsuccessful. The victim suffered a severe head injury.
Russia attacked Zaporizhzhya on March 22 with six missiles, with one striking the corner of two residential buildings, destroying apartments and balconies, and damaging the roofs.
Including the nine-year-old, the attack claimed the lives of two Ukrainians, and injured another 20.
A criminal investigation has been launched into the violation of laws and customs of war (Part 1 of Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
Later, Russia’s invading forces launched a missile strike on high-rise residential buildings in Avdiyivka, Donetsk Oblast, on March 26.
The attack resulted in significant damage, though no casualties were immediately reported, said Andriy Yermak, head of the Office of the President.
Donetsk Oblast Military Administration head, Pavlo Kyrylenko, reported earlier that two people had died as a result of shelling in the Donetsk Oblast over the past day.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News