No updates on two evacuation buses fired on by Russian occupiers — Luhansk governor

30 April, 08:12 PM
Serhiy Haidai (Photo:Luhansk Oblast Military Administration)

Serhiy Haidai (Photo:Luhansk Oblast Military Administration)

The whereabouts of one of the evacuation buses hit by Russian troops near Popasna in Luhansk Oblast remains unknown, said regional governor Serhiy Haidai on Telegram on April 30. The second bus has been found, with blood stains in the drivers seat.

"It is unknown at this time whether anyone survived, but we are hopeful and are trying to establish this,” Haidai clarified.

“Perhaps, at least some of those people and volunteers, who were in these buses, did.”

According to an eyewitness who was on the first bus, the evacuation group traveling to Popasna was attacked by a Russian reconnaissance group, which tried to shoot at the bus and blow it up with a Mukha grenade launcher.

Видео дня

"The first shot missed, but the second one hit the rear of the bus,” Haidai explained.

“Several groups have already been sent there, they saw the bus, it was in fact shot, there is blood inside, but there are no bodies.”

The second bus was carrying humanitarian aid, and was intended to pick up evacuating residents after dropping off their cargo.

Haidai said that there has been no contact with anyone on the second bus, and that it was possible that the driver had been abducted by Russian forces and taken to occupied territory. The governor noted that the bus was a school bus, and was covered in signs identifying it as a humanitarian vehicle, one regularly used to evacuate civilians and deliver humanitarian aid.

Earlier, it was reported that two evacuation buses in Popasna of Luhansk Oblast in eastern Ukraine came under Russian fire on April 29, and contactwith the drivers had been lost.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X