Pentagon reveals $725 million military aid package for Ukraine
The US will transfer more than 200 HMMWVs to Ukraine (Photo:AnatolBF/Twitter)
The U.S. Department of Defense on Oct. 14 revealed the contents of a new $725 million military aid package for Ukraine recently announced by U.S. President Joe Biden.
The Pentagon clarified that the mil-itary assistance package includes:
- additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 23,000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 5,000 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
- 5,000 anti-tank weapons;
- High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);
- more than 200 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
- small arms and more than 2,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
- medical supplies.
“The United States has delivered unprecedented security assistance to Ukraine and will continue to work with allies and partners to ensure Ukraine has the support it needs,” the Pentagon said.
Biden announced a new $725 million military assistance package for Ukraine on Oct. 15.
Earlier, on Oct. 4, the U.S. president announced a $625 million military aid package for Ukraine, which included additional HIMARS artillery systems.
Before that, the Pentagon announced a new $1.1 billion military assistance package for Ukraine, including 18 HIMARS systems, on Sept. 28. The U.S. Department of Defense clarified that the delivery of these systems may take several years.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News