Russian military units attempt to cover up 180 casualties after Ukrainian attack

18 September, 04:59 PM
Ammunition explodes during a counteroffensive by the Ukrainian military, near Andriivka, Kherson Oblast, August 2022 (Photo:Maverick via REUTERS)

Ammunition explodes during a counteroffensive by the Ukrainian military, near Andriivka, Kherson Oblast, August 2022 (Photo:Maverick via REUTERS)

The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed 180 Russian troops in Kherson, but units of the Russian National Guard (Rosgvardiya) and the FSB spent five days dismantling the rubble and retrieving the bodies of the soldiers, trying to hide their losses, according to a statement by Ukraine’s General Staff on Sept. 17.

Ukrainian army command said that they military conducted a strike on a building where Russian personnel and military equipment were located, one week prior. On Sept. 10, journalist Kostyantyn Ryzhenko said that there had been an attack on a building belonging to the Alkoresurs LLC.

The General Staff added that on the Kherson axis, the Ukrainian military successfully has disabled all crossings across the Dnipro River, forcing the Russian troops to prepare their retreat.

Video of day

"In the area of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power station, they flooded nine railcars to build a crossing in the future," the report says.

At the same time, the Russian occupation authorities in Kherson continue to force local entrepreneurs to make payments in Russian rubles, are conducting weekly inspections, and are threatening to “nationalize" their businesses — seizing their assets if they are noncompliant with Russian demands.

According to the General Staff, since the beginning of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, Russia has lost about 54,250 of its service members, as well as almost 14,000 units of equipment.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

poster
Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news
X