Russia sends additional units to Ukraine, wants to hold ‘referendum’ in Kherson – General Staff

31 March, 08:36 PM
Destroyed enemy equipment (Photo:General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine)

Destroyed enemy equipment (Photo:General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine)

Russia continues to redeploy additional units of its armed forces into Ukraineto participate in its full-scale invasion of the country, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported on March 31.

“According to the available data, the vast majority of conscripts remained in the permanent deployment points of military units and subunits of the Eastern Military District, which indicates the exhaustion of (Russia’s) abilities to form additional units,” the General Staff said.

The threat remains that Russia will fire missiles at the defense-industrial complex facilities and the logistics infrastructure of Ukraine, the General Staff said.

Видео дня

“In the Black Sea there are ships equipped with Kalibr sea-based cruise missiles,” the General Staff added. “The replenishment of the Kalibr type sea-launched cruise missiles ammunition on the frigate Admiral Makarov has been completed at the Sevastopol Naval Base."

To control the temporary occupied territories of southern Ukraine, the invaders are trying to establish civil-military administrations and have begun preparations to hold a “referendum” to establish a quasi-state formation on the territory of the Kherson Oblast (the so-called “Kherson People's Republic”).

“In the Volyn direction, in the areas of the settlements of Pinsk and Luninets in Belarus, units of the airborne troops of the Russian armed forces have been detected – these were probably withdrawn from the territory of Ukraine,” the General Staff said.

“A planned redeployment of units from (Russia’s) Eastern Military District continues in the area of Polissia. It is expected that these units will be deployed to other areas.”

In the Slobozhanskyi area, the enemy continues to blockade Kharkiv and shell the city. Invading Russian troops are also carrying out the redeployment of artillery units in the area of the city of Izyum, and creating strike groups, including in these previously withdrawn troops.

“In the Donetsk area, the main efforts of the invaders continue to be focused on taking control of the settlements of Popasna and Rubizhne, as well as the capture of the city of Mariupol,” the General Staff said.

“The enemy tried to carry out assault operations in the areas of the settlements of Popasna, Rubizhne, Novobakhmutivka, Marinka, and Zolota Nyva. But it was not successful. In Mariupol, the invaders continue to conduct assault operations. An attempt is expected to carry out an offensive in the areas of Kramatorsk and Pokrovsk, as well as a convergence of efforts in the area of Svitlodarsk.”

In the Pivdennyi Buh area, the Armed Forces of Ukraine have regained control over the settlements of Orlove, Zahradivka, and Kochubeivka.

According to information available to the General Staff, since the beginning of the armed aggression against Ukraine the Russian armed forces have lost several senior officers, namely:

- Commander of the 1st Tank Army, Lieutenant General Sergey Kisel, removed from his post;

- Commander of the 6th Combined Arms Army, Lieutenant General Vladislav Yershov, removed from his post and arrested;

- Chief of Staff - Deputy Commander of the 35th Combined Arms Army, Major General Sergey Nyrkov, seriously injured;

- Chief of Staff - Deputy Commander of the 36th Combined Arms Army, Major General Andrei Seritsky, seriously injured;

- Deputy Commander of the 41st Combined Arms Army, Lieutenant General Andrei Sukhovetsky, killed;

- Commander of the 49th Combined Arms Army, Lieutenant General Yakov Rezantsev, killed;

- Commander of the 58th Combined Arms Army, Lieutenant General MikhailZusk, removed from his post and arrested.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X