Russia suffered irreparable losses during Kyiv offensive last year, says General Pavlyuk
Russia still hasn't recovered from the losses it suffered near Kiev at the start of the invasion (Photo:Operational Command “North”)
Some Russian units saw losses of up to 70% of personnel during their attempt to capture Kyiv at the start of the full-scale invasion, and Russia has still not replaced them, Ukraine’s deputy defense minister, Lieutenant General Oleksandr Pavlyuk, said on national television on March 31.
Pavlyuk said that at the beginning of the invasion, the enemy received a rebuff that he did not expect.
“Companies lost 50-70% of their personnel as killed and wounded – these are huge losses, especially considering that elite units of the occupier’s army were involved, the most combat-ready ones on which the enemy had high hopes,” the deputy minister said.
“They did not replace the losses they suffered in Kyiv Oblast, and are unlikely to restore such a level of their own personnel training anytime soon,” he said.
“Thanks to the coordination and cooperation of the military leadership, which was in the direction of Kyiv, Ukraine managed not only to stop, but also to inflict huge losses on the enemy. And to force the enemy to leave previously captured territories and abandon plans to capture Kyiv Oblast.”
According to the Ukrainian military’s General Staff, since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, the losses of the Russian Federation have exceeded 173,000 soldiers.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News