Russian invaders destroy 12 houses in Luhansk Oblast overnight, says governor

19 April, 01:25 PM
People are still in some houses (Photo:Serhiy Haidai/Telegram)

People are still in some houses (Photo:Serhiy Haidai/Telegram)

Invading Russian forces have destroyed 12 houses in Luhansk Oblast overnight as they continue to shell infrastructure in the region, Luhansk Governor Serhiy Haidai reported via Telegram messenger on April 19.

Haidai said that the largest number of damaged structures were recorded in the town of Kreminna.

"Two houses were razed to the ground after direct hits by Russian shells," he said.

"Four more were engulfed in flames – the fires were extinguished, but it is debatable whether they are suitable for life. The enemy is shelling high-rise buildings, even knowing that there are still people there."

Видео дня

The governor added that two houses had been destroyed in the town of Rubizhne, and three more in the town of Lysychansk on April 18.

"A car came under fire near (the town of) Sievierodonetsk. Rescuers were able to tow it to safety and evacuate its passengers," Haidai said.

In a video address on April 18, President Volodymyr Zelensky announced that the Russian invaders had begun the Battle for Donbas, and deployed a large part of their army to advance in eastern Ukraine.

Earlier the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that the Ukrainian military had recorded signs of the beginning of a new Russian offensive in the Eastern Operational Zone, which includes the Donbas.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X