Russian invasion forces have recently suffered significant losses in Zaporizhzhya and Luhansk oblasts, Ukraine’s General Staff of the Armed Forces wrote on Facebook on Jan. 1.
During the last week alone, about 350 wounded Russian soldiers were transported to the city hospital in Russian-occupied Bilovodsk, Luhansk Oblast.
On Dec. 30, in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, the losses of the Russians amounted to 160 wounded soldiers, and 10 units of military equipment of various types were destroyed, Ukraine’s General Staff said.
Information about the number of invading Russian soldiers killed is being verified, the General Staff said.
According to the General Staff, since the beginning of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, Russia has lost about 105,960 of its troops.
Meanwhile, over the past 24 hours, the Defense Forces of Ukraine have repelled attacks by the invasion forces of the Russian Federation in the areas of the settlements of Stelmakhivka, Ploshanka, and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Ozaryanivka, Maryinka, and Pobeda in Donetsk Oblast.
- The situation is stable in the Volyn, Polissya, Siverske, and Sloboda areas in the north and west of Ukraine, with the enemy maintaining a military presence in the border areas, but showing no signs of forming offensive groupings.
- In the Siverske and Sloboda areas in the north, center and east of Ukraine, artillery and mortar attacks were detected in the vicinities of Buchka and Yasna Polyana in Chernihiv Oblast; Novovasylivka, Vyntorivka, Ulanove, Studenok, Khodyne, Hirky, Iskryskivshchyna, Krasnopillya in Sumy Oblast, as well as Udy, Strilecha, Alisivka, Krasne, Starytsia, Gatyshche, Vovchansk, Ternova, and Katerynivka in Kharkiv Oblast.
- Lozova Persha, Zakhidna, Masyutivka, Tokarivka, Kupiansk and Orlyanske in Kharkiv Oblast, as well as Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka and Andriivka in Luhansk Oblast, were shelled in the Kupyansk section of the front.
- Ploshanka, Makiivka, Nevske and Dibrova in Luhansk Oblast, as well as Krasnopopivka, Terny and Torske in Donetsk Oblast came under fire in the Lyman area of front.
- In the Bakhmut section of the front, the invaders fired tank shells, mortars, rockets and artillery at the positions of Ukrainian troops in the vicinities of more than 25 settlements, including Spirne, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Kostyantynivka, Kurdyumivka, Mayorsk and New York in Donetsk Oblast.
- Vesele, Avdiivka, Nevelske, Maryinka, Krasnohorivka and Novomykhailivka of Donetsk Oblast were shelled in the Avdiyivka section of the front in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Novopavlivka area, Russian troops shelled Vremivka, Velika Novosilka, Prechistivka, Vuhledar, and Mykilske.
- In the Zaporizhzhya section of the front, shelling was recorded in the vicinities of more than 20 settlements, including Olhivske, Gulyaipole, Stepove, Charivne, and Dorozhnyanka.
- Russian invaders continue to terrorize the civilian population in Kherson Oblast. The civilian infrastructure of Antonivka, Tokarivka, Mykolaivka and Kherson was affected by shelling.