SBU identifies six Russian generals responsible for capturing towns in Kharkiv Oblast
Generals involved in planning Russia’s illegal war of aggression on Ukraine (Photo:Alexander Ermochenko/Reuters)
Ukraine’s SBU security service has established the identities of six Russian generals who planned Russia’s assault on Kharkiv Oblast and gave direct orders to capture towns in the region, the SBU reported on Telegram on Dec.12.
The top command of the Western District of the Russian invasion forces participated in the planning, preparation and conduct of combat operations against the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the eastern front, the SBU said.
“At the beginning of the full-scale invasion, they gave orders to the Russian troops to break through the state border of Ukraine and storm the settlements of Kharkiv Oblast,” the SBU said.
The officers also contributed to the formation of pro-Kremlin “administrations” during the seizure of parts of the region.
The Russian generals were informed in absentia of charges facing them under Part 3 of Art. 110 (encroachment on the territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine) and Part 2 of Art. 437 (planning, preparation, initiation and waging of an aggressive war) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
The SBU named the officers as Major General T. Trubienko, Lieutenant General A. Ivanayev, Major General A. Pyataev, Major General M. Tereshchenko, Major General A. Avdeyev and Major General V. Sleptsov.
Ukrainian prosecutors, together with the National Police and the SBU, conducted an inspection of the locations of command posts and headquarters of units of the Russian invasion forces after the liberation of settlements in Kharkiv Oblast. Documents were discovered and seized, the SBU said.
Since the beginning of the fall, the Ukrainian army has been conducting a counter-offensive in Kharkiv Oblast.
Kyrylo Tymoshenko, the deputy head of the President’s Office, said on Nov. 1 that 568 settlements have been liberated in the Kharkiv region since the beginning of the Russian invasion.
Oleh Synehubov, head of the Kharkiv Oblast government, said that 24 settlements in the oblast still remain under temporary occupation by the Russian Federation.
Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the NSDC (National Security and Defense Council), previously stated that Kharkiv Oblast has been almost completely liberated, but there is a constant threat of a new offensive by the Russian invasion forces.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News