Three reported dead after night-time blasts in Russian city of Belgorod

3 July, 12:15 PM
A ruined house in Belgorod (Photo:t.me/belgorod01)

A ruined house in Belgorod (Photo:t.me/belgorod01)

A series of explosions has rocked the Russian city of Belgorod, killing three and injuring four people, in addition to damaging 50 buildings, the Russian oblast’s governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said in a Telegram post on July 3.

“Casualties: as of now, two people are hospitalized – a man and a 10-year-old child,” said Gladkov.

“Two people were examined on site. (People) are getting the necessary medical care. Currently there are reports of three dead.”

Eleven apartment blocks were damaged by the explosions; five single-family homes were destroyed, and at least 39 were damaged, according to Gladkov.

Видео дня

The governor said that a thorough examination and assessment of the damage done is underway.

Earlier, video of explosions and pictures of vapor trails in the skies of Belgorod were circulated on social media. There were reports, so far unconfirmed, that Russian anti-aircraft missiles had been launched, and a picture of a booster from one of them on an apartment building in the city was posted.

Help NV continue its work reporting on the Russian invasion

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

poster
Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news
X