Transnistrian puppet authorities accuse SBU of assassination attempt, Chisinau denies
The "Ministry of State Security" of unrecognized Transnistria made an absurd statement (Photo:jacquesbopp/Unsplash)
In a likely disinformation operation, the intelligence services of the sham Russian republic of Transnistria in Moldova have accused Ukraine’s SBU security service of orchestrating an assassination attempt on “senior officials.”
In a message posted on March 9, the Transnistrian “Ministry of State Security” claimed to have thwarted an attack. The report says that suspects have been detailed and are giving testimony.
Criminal cases have been opened in response to the “terrorist attack,” the sham republic’s ministry said.
The Moldovan government responded via its Bureau of Reintegration, which said there had been no reports about the preparation of an “assassination attempt” on representatives of Transnistria, Moldovan news agency NewsMaker writes.
“We have no such information,” the statement says. “The relevant authorities are probing the situation. We insist on consuming information from official and reliable sources.”
Ukraine’s SBU has yet to comment on the allegations.
The Russian Defense Ministry previously spread a fake news story about the how Ukraine’s Armed Forces were preparing for an invasion of Transnistria. Transnistria’s “Ministry” of Defense announced it was starting a three-month military training camp as a result.
Moldova said that the claim of a Ukrainian invasion was untrue. Ukraine also denied the Russian claims, for which Moscow provided no evidence.
At the same time, pro-Russian agitators continue to organize anti-government protests in Chisinau. The demonstrators clashed with police on Feb. 28 while attempting to break into the Moldovan parliament building.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News