Ukraine announces humanitarian corridors for March 10 as Russia continues shelling
Ukraine is to continue evacuating civilians from towns and cities that are being shelled by invading Russian forces, Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk said in a video address on March 10.
People from the affected areas will be evacuated under the following routes:
- Trostianets – Poltava, via Sumy, Holubivka, Olshana, Nedryhailiv, Korovyntsi, Romny, Andriiashivka, Lokhvytsia, and Lubny;
- Krasnopillia – Poltava, via Verkhnia Syrovatka, Sumy, Holubivka, Olshana, Nedryhailiv, Korovyntsi, Romny, Andriiashivka, Lokhvytsia, and Lubny;
- Sumy – Poltava, via Holubivka, Olshana, Nedryhailiv, Korovyntsi, Romny, Andriiashivka, Lokhvytsia, and Lubny;
- Mariupol – Zaporizhzhia, via Portovske, Manhush, bypassing Nikolske, Rozivka, Orikhiv – due to mine clearance on the territory;
- Volnovakha – Pokrovsk, via Valerianivka, Novoandriivka, and Vuhledar;
- Izium – Lozova, via Mala Komyshuvakha, Barvinkove, and Blyzniuky;
- Bucha, Borodianka, Irpin, Hostomel – Kyiv, via Stoyanka and Bilohorodka.
People will be evacuated by buses. It is also possible to travel by private car as part of an evacuation column.
Poltava Governor Dmytro Lunin reported on his Telegram messenger channel that 35 buses had already gone to Sumy to evacuate civilians. The column includes representatives of the Red Cross, doctors, and a truck with humanitarian aid.
Only pregnant women and those with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities will be taken out by bus from Sumy.
Kyiv Governor Oleksii Kuleba gave the assembly points for the above evacuation in a post on Facebook:
- Irpin, Hotel Irpin, 105Б Soborna Str.
- Bucha, Bucha City Council, 12 Enerhetykiv Str.
- Hostomel, penal colony, 3A Myrna Str.
- Borodianka, church, Pravoslavna Str. - Tsentralna Str.
Over 40,000 people were evacuated on March 9 from the settlements that have been worst affected by Russia’s 15-day war against Ukraine. Unfortunately, the evacuation from Bucha and Hostomel was disrupted by enemy actions.
At 0500 on Feb. 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that he had decided to launch a “special operation” in the Donbas following a request from the puppet authorities in the non-government-controlled Luhansk and Donetsk territories. In fact, Russian forces launched a full-scale invasion, though this is being concealed from the Russian public.
Previously, the Russian government repeatedly stated that it would not attack Ukraine, while for months it massed troops and equipment next to its border with Ukraine.
March 10 is the 15th day of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Russia is advancing from the north, east, and south.
Russian troops continue to bombard and shell Ukrainian cities, in particular residential areas, although the invaders themselves are suffering serious losses as the Ukrainian military puts up fierce resistance.
Ordinary Ukrainians are also continuing to defend themselves, joining the territorial defense units and protecting the entrances to their settlements.
At the same time, international support for Ukraine is growing – Western countries are increasingly strengthening their sanctions against Russia.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News