Ukraine repels Russian offensive in Donetsk Oblast, reports General Staff
The Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled Russian attacks in and around the settlements of Donetsk Oblast (Photo:General Staff)
The Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled Russian attacks in and around the settlements of Yakovlivka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Novobakhmutivka, Opytne, Vodiane, Pervomaiske, Nevelske and Novomykhailivka in Donatsk Oblast in the past 24 hours, Ukraine's General Staff reported in their Nov. 28 morning update.
Additionally, Russian troops carried out four missile strikes on civilian structures in the settlements of Rozumivka in Zaporizhzhia Oblast and Musiivka in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, and fired over 50 shells against Ukrainian positions and settlements.
Overall, the situation is as follows:
- In the Volyn and Polisk areas, the situation hasn't changed notably, and there is no evidence of the presence of the enemy's offensive forces. Belarusian troops are fortifying the border.
- In the Siversky area, invading forces conducted shelling with mortars and artillery near Yanzhulivka, Mykolaivka and Halahanivka in Chernihiv Oblast, as well as near Vilna Sloboda in Sumy Oblast.
- In the Slobozhanske area, areas in and around Strileche, Starytsia, Vovchansk, Bochkove, Budarky, Chavunivka, Ambarne and Ohirtseve in Kharkiv Oblast were shelled with mortars and artillery.
- In the Kupyansk area, Russian forces continue to defend, shelling with artillery of various calibres near Bolohivka, Kamianka, Kupyansk, Kurylivka, Tabaiivka, Krokhmalne and Berestove in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Lyman area, Russian forces attempted the highest number of offensive assaults in the past day. They shelled in and around Makiivka, Nevske and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as Yampolivka and Torske in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Bakhmut and Andriivka areas, Russians forces continue offensive activities, shelling with tanks and artillery of various calibres the territories around Serebrianka, Spirne, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Opytne, Andriivka, Yakovlivka, Klischiivka, Avdiivka, Vodiane, Pervomayske, Mariinka, Kurdiumivka, Vesele, Krasnohorivka, Kurahove and Novo,ykhailivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Novopavlivsk area, Russian forces are shelling Ukrainian positions with artillery of all calibers near Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Novoukrainka, Zolota Nyva and Neskuchne in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Zaporizhzhya area, invading forces have taken defensive positions while shelling Ukrainian positions and settlements along the frontline.
- In the Kryvyy Rih and Kherson areas, Russian occupying forces have taken defensive positions and continue shelling Ukrainian positions and civilian structures on the western bank of the Dnipro River, in particular the city of Kherson.
In the past 24 hours, Ukrainian troops hit four areas of concentration of personnel, weapons and military equipment, as well as one other important military facility of the Russian invaders.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News