Ukraine repels over 100 attacks in past day as Russia continues offensive
Ukrainian defenders repelled more than 100 enemy attacks (Photo:General Staff)
Russia’s invading forces are focusing their offensive in the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, Maryinka, and Shakhtarsk directions, the Ukrainian military’s General Staff said in its morning report on Facebook on March 14.
Meanwhile, over the past day Ukrainian aircraft struck Russian forces 10 times. Additionally, Ukrainian rocket and artillery units hit five troop and military equipment clusters, three ammunition depots, and four electronic warfare stations.
Over the past 24 hours, Ukrainian defenders repelled more than 100 enemy attacks in the following areas:
- In the Volyn, Polissya, Siversk, and Slobozhanske areas in the north and east of the country, the situation has not significantly changed. The Ukrainian military continues to build trenches and fortifications. Over the last 24 hours, Russia shelled the areas of Myhalchyna Sloboda in Chernihiv Oblast; Znob-Novhorodske, Seredyna-Buda, Bachivsk, Esman, Starykove, Shalyhyne, Bilopillia, and Krasnopillia in Sumy Oblast; and Strilecha, Hlyboke, Lukiantsi, Hatyshche, Vovchansk, Dvorichna, and Kindrashivka in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Kupyansk and Lyman areas, the enemy is trying to break through Ukrainian defenses. Russia carried out unsuccessful offensive actions near Dvorichna, Hrianykivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka, Kreminna, Dibrova, Bilohorivka, and Berestove. Also, the areas outside Hrianykivka, Masiutivka, Kupyansk, Krokhmalne, and Novoselivske in Kharkiv Oblast, as well as Makiyivka, Dibrova and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, and Spirne in Donetsk Oblast, came under artillery fire.
- In the Bakhmut area, the enemy continues its efforts to capture the town of Bakhmut. The Ukrainian military repelled enemy attacks near Vasiukivka, Minkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Hryhorivka, and Ivanivske. Bondarne, Vasiukivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Dubovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Predtechyne, Kurdiumivka, Bila Hora, Kostiantynivka, Zalizne, and New York in Donetsk Oblast were shelled by the enemy.
- In the Avdiyivka, Maryinka and Shakhtarsk areas, the enemy carriedout unsuccessful offensive actions near Kamianka, Avdiyivka, Sieverne, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Netailove, Maryinka, Pobieda, Novomykhailivka, and Vuhledar. The enemy shelled the areas of more than 15 settlements near the contact line, including Kamianka,Avdiyivka, Tonenke, Sieverne, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Heorhiyivka, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar, and Neskuchne of Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson areas, the invaders are conducting defensive operations. Also, the Russian army shelled more than 50 settlements near the contact line, including Olhivske, Charivne, Novoandriyivka, and Stepove in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, as well as Kachkarivka, Novosilka, Kozatske, Ivanivka, Inzhenerne, Kherson, and Komyshany in Kherson Oblast.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News