The Armed Forces of Ukraine eliminated more than 100 Russian soldiers on the southern front on July 29, the Ukrainian military’s South Operational Command has reported.
On top of that, a command post and several Russian ammunition depots were destroyed, the command said.
Ukrainian army ground attack aircraft carried out four air strikes on concentrations of enemy troops and equipment in the Snihurivka and Beryslav districts.
During the day, Ukraine’s defenders destroyed:
- a stronghold and fortified underground shelters of Russian units in Kherson and Mykolaiv oblasts;
- a control point of the battalion tactical group of the 34th separate motorized rifle brigade in Bruskynske;
- 105 enemy troops;
- seven T-62 and T-72 tanks;
- a Msta-B howitzer;
- two self-propelled guns;
- 17 units of armored vehicles;
- and two ammunition dumps.
The grouping of Russian Black Sea Fleet warships has decreased to six units after part of it moved to Novorossiysk. There are two missile carriers and two large assault landing ships ready at station.
The threat of missile strikes remains, South Operational Command said.