Ukraine’s defense minister hopes Ukrainian counter-offensive to start unexpectedly
Oleksii Reznikov (Photo:REUTERS/Heiko Becker)
The long-awaited Ukrainian counteroffensive is hoped to start unexpectedly — especially for the sake of the civilian population, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov told RBC-Ukraine on April 27.
A military operation implies that no one should know when it begins, he told the news agency.
“The longer the enemy doesn’t know, the more likely it (military operation) will be successful,” he said.
Reznikov agreed that the expectations from the military operation “are overheated, but they are unlikely to be affected.”
It will be possible to understand from the updates that the very long-awaited counter-offensive has begun.
“There is nothing to hide anymore thanks to various resources, like (Twitter channel) deepstate_ua, which are engaged in OSINT (open-source intelligence — ed.),” Reznikov said.
“In addition, our guys are socially and media active. Entering another liberated village, they immediately take selfies or short streams. And everyone understands everything.”
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy confirmed on April 24 that the Ukrainian Armed Forces are preparing for a counteroffensive.
Earlier, Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Malyar said that Ukrainian defenders were already conducting “counteroffensive actions” in Eastern Ukraine.
Reznikov previously stated that Ukraine’s counteroffensive would likely begin in April-May, across several fronts.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News