Ukraine’s reintegration minister calls for humanitarian corridors from hot spots
Ukraine calls on to open humanitarian corridors from Kharkiv, Donetsk and Kherson Oblasts, which are considered to be the hot spots of the Russian hostilities against Ukraine, Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk said in a video address on March 7.
“The Russians must stop preventing people from Bucha, Borodianka, Irpin, Dymer, and Ivankiv from getting to Kyiv, from where they can travel by train to Lviv, Uzhgorod and Ivano-Frankivsk,” she said.
Vereshchuk also spoke about the humanitarian corridors Ukraine requires to open, ensuring the ceasefire:
• Mariupol – Portovske – Manhush – Nikolske – Respublika – Rozivka – Kamianka – Polohy – Orikhiv – Zaporizhzhia.
• Pokrovsk – Volnovakha – Valerianivka – Novoandriivka – Kyrylivka – Vuhledar – Pokrovsk.
• Sumy – Holubivka – Olshana – Nedryhailiv – Korovyntsi – Romny – Andriiashivka – Lokhvytsia – Lubny – Poltava.
• Izium – Hrushuvakha – Paniutyne – Lozova.
• Balakliia – Husarivka – Pervomaiskyi.
• From the villages of Lyptsi and Strilka of Kharkiv Oblast – Tsyrkuny – the Merefa ring road.
• Kharkiv with subsequent departure by train to Lviv, Uzhgorod and Ivano-Frankivsk.
“Ukraine is ready to provide humanitarian aid to temporarily captured Melitopol, Berdiansk, Kherson, Sumy, Mariupol, and Volnovakha. This requires the opening of humanitarian corridors,” said Vereshchuk.
“The Ukrainian side asks the Russians to adhere to the ceasefire so that civilians and vehicles can pass without obstacles.”
“We demand that Russia stop abusing and manipulating the trust of world leaders – (French President Emmanuel) Macron, the leaders of China, Turkey or India – and open the routes that we have indicated. Stop manipulating the lives of the civilian population,” she said.
The minister also appealed to world leaders to help open “real humanitarian corridors” that will help save the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
Separately, Vereshchuk addressed the citizens of Ukraine and asked them not to believe in the information spread by the Russian media.
All openings of humanitarian corridors will be announced in advance via Ukrainian official sources of information, she emphasized.
Earlier, the Russian media spread information that the Russians would allegedly impose the ceasefire from 1000 a.m. to evacuate people from Kyiv, Kharkiv and Sumy to Belarus and Russia.
“This is an unacceptable option for opening humanitarian corridors,” Vereshchuk said.
She noted that the name of French President Macron is being used and manipulated by the Russian side to show their supposedly good intentions, while the Ukrainians are not going to travel to Russia.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News