Ukrainian defenders repulse Russian attacks near 15 settlements in Donbas, says General Staff
Ukrainian troops stopped an offensive by the invaders in two oblasts (Photo:General Staff)
The Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled new attacks by the Russian occupation troops in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in the past day, according to a morning update by the General Staff posted on Facebook on Dec. 19.
Ukrainian forces repulsed enemy attacks near the settlements of Stelmakhivka, Makiyivka, Krasnopopivka, and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as near the towns of Bakhmut, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, and eight other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
Over the past day, the Russian military carried out four missile and seven air strikes using Shahed-136 UAVs, as well as 55 attacks from multiple rocket launchers, with settlements, civilian infrastructure and civilians falling victim.
The situation on the Volyn and Polissia axes remained without significant changes, as no signs of the enemy's forming offensive groups were detected.
- On the Siverskyi axis, the settlements of Hremyach in Chernihiv Oblast and Bilokopytove in Sumy Oblast came under mortar fire.
- On the SlobozhanskyI axis, the Russians shelled 10 settlements in Kharkiv Oblast.
- On the Kupyansk axis, the areas of Yahidne, Kyslivka, Kotlyarivka, Krokhmalne, and Berestove in Kharkiv Oblast, as well as Novoselivske and Stelmakhivka in Luhansk Oblast came under fire.
- On the Lyman axis, enemy troops fired at Makiyivka, Ploshchanka, Krasnopopivka and Dibrova in Luhansk Oblast.
- On the Bakhmut axis, shelling from tanks and rocket artillery was recorded near Soledar, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, and 15 other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Avdiyivka axis, attacks were registered near Avdiyivka, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, and Novomykhailivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson axes, rocket and cannon artillery was used to shell the areas of five settlements in Zaporizhzhya Oblast; Chervonohryhorivka and Nikopol in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast; Kherson and three other settlements in Kherson Oblast. Civilian casualties were reported.
Ukrainian aircraft conducted nine strikes on the clusters of personnel, weapons, and military equipment, as well as three strikes on the positions of the Russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
Besides, Ukrainian defenders shot down seven Shahed-136 UAVs.
The Ukrainian Defense Forces' missile troops and artillery of the hit a control point, a cluster of manpower, two ammunition depots, as well as a Zoopark counter-battery radar system.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News