Ukrainian defenders strike enemy Buk and Tor air defense systems in last 24 hours
Aviation and artillery struck at important positions of the occupiers (Photo:Командування Повітряних Сил ЗСУ)
Ukrainian Defense Forces’ aviation and artillery struck important positions of Russian occupation forces over the last 24 hours, said the Ukrainian military’s General Staff in its March 20 summary.
The aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit three Buk-M1-2 anti-aircraft missile systems, seven areas where occupying forces were concentrated, and destroyed an enemy ammunition depot.
Units of missile troops and artillery hit a Russian Tor anti-aircraft missile complex, three areas where occupying forces and equipment were concentrated, and three pieces of electronic warfare equipment.
Ukrainian defenders also destroyed a Russian Zala -type drone.
Earlier, a video appeared on the Internet showing how the Ukrainian military destroyed 10 occupiers’ tanks in Donetsk Oblast in one night.
Meanwhile, Russian invasion troops continue to conduct offensive actions in the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Maryinka, and Shakhtarsk directions.
Bakhmut remains the epicenter of hostilities.
During the past day, Ukrainian defenders repelled 69 enemy attacks.
· In the Volyn, Polissya, Siversk and Sloboda areas in the north of Ukraine, the operational situation has not significantly changed. The training of units of Russian territorial troops continue to train in Belarus. Shelling was recorded in the areas of Khrinivka, Klyusy, Oleksandrivka, and Kamianska Sloboda settlements of Chernihiv Oblast; Sopych, Kharkivka, Starykove, Volfyne, and Stepok in Sumy Oblast; Chervona Zorya, Strilecha, Hlyboke, Krasne, Starytsia, Vovchansk, Kolodyazne, Kamianka, Novomlynsk, Krasne Pershe, Dvorichna, Zapadne, and Kindrashivka of Kharkiv Oblast.
· In the Kupyansk and Lymansk sections of the front, the occupiers attempted unsuccessfully to advance in the areas of the settlements of Novoselivske, Kreminna and Bilohorivka (the one in Luhansk Oblast). Artillery fired on the settlements of Vesele, Kupyansk, Krokhmalne, Pishchane, and Berestove of Kharkiv Oblast, as well as Novoselivske, Nevske, Bilogorivka, Siversk, and Spirne in Luhansk Oblast.
· In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled attacks in the areas of Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Bohdanivka, and Hryhorivka settlements. In particular, Vasyukivka, Orihovo-Vasylivka, Bakhmut, Hryhorivka, Ivanovske, Kostyantynivka, Mayorsk, Zalizne, and New York in Donetsk Oblast came under fire.
· In the Avdiyivka, Maryinka, and Shakhtarsk directions, Russian troops attempted unsuccessfully to advance in the districts of Kamianka, Avdiyivka, Severny, Vodyanny, Berdychiv, and Maryinka. Kamianka, Avdiyivka, Berdychiv, Orlivka, Tonenke, Severne, Pervomaiske, Nevelske, Pobyeda, Novomykhailivka, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Maryinka, Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, and Neskuchne were shelled.
· The occupiers are on the defensive in the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson sections of the front. Shelling was recorded in the vicinities of 27 settlements, including Olhivske, Charivne, Novodanylivka, and Orikhiv in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, and Tamaryne, Odradokamyanka, Tyahinka, Novotyahynka, Ponyativka, Sadovye, Rozlyv, and the city of Kherson in Kherson Oblast.
As reported by U.S. think tank the Institute for the Study of War (ISW), the founder, owner and financier of the Russian PMC Wagner Yevgeny Prigozhin has been issuing statements on video trying to justify why his mercenaries cannot capture Bakhmut in Donetsk Oblast after months of fighting.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News