Ukrainian defenders strike Russian positions, destroy three aircraft bombs
Генштаб повідомив про жорстокі бої за Бахмут (Photo:REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach)
Ukraine’s aviation and artillery have again struck at important positions of the Russian invasion forces over the past day, the Ukrainian military’s General Staff said in its regular morning report on Facebook on April 7.
Over the past day, the aviation of the Defense Forces carried out six strikes on concentrations of enemy troops and military equipment.
In addition, Ukrainian defenders destroyed three UAVs of various types (Orlan-10, Supercam and Lancet-3), as well as three guided aircraft bombs.
Missile and artillery units struck two concentrations of enemy manpower, two fuel and lubricant depots, and a Russian electronic warfare station.
Meanwhile, Russian occupation forces are focusing their main efforts on conducting offensive actions on the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka and Maryinka sections of the front. Over the past day, Ukrainian forces repelled over 40 attacks, the General Staff said.
- On the Volyn, Polissia, Siverskyi and Slobozhanskyi sections, the operational situation has not changed significantly, and no signs of enemy offensive groups have been detected. Russia is maintaining a military presence in Kursk and Belgorod oblasts, which border Ukraine. Shelling was recorded near the settlements of Leonivka, Hremyach, Novovasylivka in Chernihiv Oblast; Prohres, Zarutske, Rivne, Volfyne in Sumy Oblast; and 13 settlements in Kharkiv Oblast.
- On the Kupyansk section of the front in the northeast of Ukraine, eight settlements in Kharkiv Oblast and Novoselivske in Luhansk Oblast came under enemy fire.
- On the Lyman section of the front further to the south, the enemy conducted unsuccessful offensives in the areas of Kreminna and Spirne. They shelled Nevske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as Terny, Spirne and Rozdolivka in Donetsk Oblast with artillery.
- On the Bakhmut section of the front, Russian troops are conducting offensive actions, trying to take full control of the city of Bakhmut, and fierce fighting there continues. They also conducted unsuccessful offensives in the area of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka and Bila Hora. Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled 16 attacks in this area. In particular, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, and eight other settlements in Donetsk Oblast suffered from enemy shelling.
- On the Avdiyivka and Maryinka sections of the front, Russian troops launched assaults in the areas of Novokalynove, Severne, Pervomayske and Maryinka in Donetsk Oblast, but were unsuccessful. Fierce fighting continues for Maryinka, where 19 enemy attacks were repelled. Novokalynove, Avdiyivka, Netaylove, Pervomayske, Maryinka and Pobeda were shelled.
- On the Shakhtarsk section of the front, the invading forces did not conduct any offensive actions. They fired on the localities of Vuhledar, Prechystivka and Velyka Novosilka in Donetsk Oblast.
- On Zaporizhzhya and Kherson sections of the front, the Russian military continues to increase the number of defensive lines and positions. The enemy fired on areas close to more than 20 settlements, including Vremivka in Donetsk Oblast; Huliaypole, and six other settlements in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, as well as Antonivka and Kherson in Kherson Oblast.
On April 5, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that if Bakhmut is threatened with encirclement, "appropriately correct actions would be taken.
"Western officials recently stated that Russian forces have made very slow progress in Bakhmut over the past six months, despite the deployment of large numbers of soldiers and heavy casualties.
According to the Ukrainian Defense Forces, the situation in Bakhmut is constantly changing.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News