A rescue operation to lift miners trapped underground after Russian missile strikes on critical infrastructure facilities has been completed in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, regional governor Valentyn Reznichenko said in a Telegram messenger post on Nov. 24.
“Rescue operations in the city of Kryvyi Rih and the Pavlohrad district have been completed,” he said.
“The rescuers have brought about 3,000 workers to the surface, who had been stuck in the mines due to the blackout of (mining) enterprises.”
Reznichenko said power engineering specialists continue to restore electricity in the oblast, with up to 50% of consumers already having been reconnected.
He said the situation is difficult, so blackouts will continue throughout the oblast to reduce the load on the power system.
The governor also spoke about enemy attacks overnight on Nov. 24.
In particular, Russian troops launched over 30 heavy artillery shells at the Marhanets territorial community.
Russia launched another massive missile attack on Ukrainian cities on Nov. 23. Civilian facilities were hit in the capital city of Kyiv and Kyiv Oblast.
The Ukrainian Air Force said the barrage consisted of 67 cruise missiles, of which 51 were intercepted by air defenses. In addition, five suicide drones were destroyed.
Emergency blackouts were introduced throughout the country. Many regions are still left without power and water supply.