Zelenskyy awards Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise to partner countries' parliament speakers
Zelensky awarded the Speakers of the parliaments of the partner countries with the Order of Yaroslav the Wise II degree (Photo:Office of the President of Ukraine)
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has awarded the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise, II Degree, to the speakers of parliament of several of Ukraine’s allies, including Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.
The order granting the awards, No. 734/2022, has been published on the Ukrainian president's website.
According to it, the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise, II Degree, has been awarded to:
- Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi
- President of the German Bundestag, Bärbel Bas
- Senator for the Administrative Panel of Ireland, Mark Daly
- President of the French Senate, Gérard Larcher
- Marshal of the Polish Sejm, Elżbieta Barbara Witek
- Marshal of the Polish Senate, Tomasz Grodzki
- President of the Norwegian Storting, Masud Gharahkhani
- President of the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia, Talat Xhaferi
- President of the National Council of Switzerland, Irène Kälin
- Speaker of the Latvian Saeima, Ināra Mūrniece
- President of the Estonian Riigikogu, Jüri Ratas
- Speaker of the Lithuanian Seima, Viktorija Čmilytė-Nielsen
- Speaker of the Croatian Parliament, Gordan Jandroković
The award was honored “for significant personal merits in strengthening interstate cooperation, support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, and a significant contribution to the popularization of the Ukrainian state in the world."
Help NV continue reporting on the Russian invasion
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News