Russia transfers missiles from St. Petersburg to Ukraine, Russian army forbids troops from retreating, CIT analyst on Russia’s “lost war”

20 September, 02:35 PM

Newsletter by Romeo Kokriatski, Managing Editor, New Voice of Ukraine Friday, September 20th, 2022

According to Finnish broadcaster Yle, satellite images of Russian bases reveal that both mobile firing platforms and missiles disappeared during the summer from a base in the Zelenogorsk (Terijoki) area on the Karelian Isthmus, northwest of St. Petersburg, among others. St. Petersburg, Russia’s second-most important city, has long been surrounded by a protective ring of 14 anti-aircraft missile bases. Now several of them stand empty.

Video of day

The nuclear facility in question is the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant in Mykolaiv Oblast. Ukrainian nuclear operator Energoatom shared photos of the strike, which knocked out three high-voltage power lines. All three SUNPP reactors are operating nominally; there were no casualties in the attack. President Volodymyr Zelenskyy later shared CCTV footage of the impact at the power plant.

Ukrainian military intelligence released an intercept of the order, which involved an assault on Ukrainian positions in the Bakhmut area. However, enemy units began to withdraw from their firing positions after Ukrainian defense forces returned fire and began to advance. In order to stop their forces’ retreating, Russian commanders reminded their subordinates about a prohibition against voluntary withdrawals from positions, as well as about the possibility that rear blocking units might open fire on them, intelligence said.

Russian propaganda outlet RIA Novotsi published a statement by the puppet authorities appealing “to the head of the republic with the initiative to immediately hold a referendum on recognizing it as a subject of the Russian Federation.” Prior plans for sham referendums meant to legitimize Russian annexation of occupied Ukrainian territories have been paused due to Ukraine’s successful liberation operations.

Dmytro Shabanov, the OSCE employee in question was falsely convicted of “transferring classified information to representatives of foreign special services.” He served as a security assistant at the Stakhanov forward patrol mission base. The Russian proxy “court” claimed the OSCE officer had allegedly been recruited by “a U.S. CIA agent in Ukraine who previously worked for Ukraine’s SBU security service.” The OSCE has not yet reacted to the “sentence.”

The first three restaurants will reopen at 3в Bazhana Avenue, 7 Hryshka Str., and 2a Haharina Avenue in Kyiv. “At first, the establishments will be open for delivery only, with indoor seating, express windows and McDrive reopening in October,” Mudzhyri said. Seven more restaurants will reopen in Kyiv in about a week. “The rest of the restaurants will reopen in the capital city and in various cities in the west of the country over the time,” she said.

The gas pipeline is planned to be underwater, and will connect the Nigerian and Moroccan gas networks, enabling Nigeria to supple both Europe and West Africa with its natural gas. The project involves 16 African countries and would stretch for 6,000 kilometers along the continent’s Atlantic coast, ensuring energy supplies to land-locked Niger, Burkina-Faso, and Mali.

CIT analyst Kyrylo Mykhailov spoke to Radio NV about Russia’s chaotic retreat from Izyum and Russia’s much-hyped 3rd Army Corps.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

poster
Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news
X