Space object lights up Kyiv sky, PATRIOT system arrives, Budanov on US leaks
Your slice of the headlines in Ukraine. Daily. Thursday, April 20, 2023.
● Not NASA space junk — Ukraine’s State Space Agency explains mysterious flash as ‘high-energy acoustic event’
A high-energy acoustic event was registered over the territory of Ukraine late on April 19, infrasound devices from Ukraine’s State Space Agency, which monitors seismic and geophysical phenomena, reported on April 20.
● Burned by U.S. bank meltdowns, Ukrainian tech startups turn to the EU
Last month’s banking collapses in the U.S. kicked the legs out from under tech companies worldwide. The end of Silvergate, Signature, and especially Silicon Valley Bank severed key financial arteries pumping capital to tech firms too young and risky for many more established banks.
● EU to take preventive steps against Ukrainian agricultural products
The European Union will take preventive steps against agricultural products from Ukraine and add EUR 100 million in financial aid to protesting farmers, Interfax-Ukraine reported on April 19.
● Ukraine receives first Patriot air defense system from Germany – what to know
Germany has handed over its first U.S. Patriot anti-aircraft missile system and artillery as part of its newest aid package, the German government reported on April 18.
● What is ‘narrative laundering’ and why does Russia use it as part of its disinformation strategy?
Russia has systematically used information operations as a major element of its strategy since the start of its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the UK’s Ministry of Defense wrote in its daily update on Twitter on April 19.
● Editor-in-chief of Shariy's propaganda website rebels against his boss, video address
The editor-in-chief of pro-Russian blogger and Kremlin propagandist Anatoly Shariy’s website, suddenly quit and spoke out against his boss, according to a video published on Telegram.
● Pentagon leaks nothing more than “standard special operation,” says military intelligence chief
The leak of classified U.S. Pentagon military documents is nothing more than a "standard special information operation", Kyrylo Budanov, head of Ukrainian military intelligence (HUR) told Radio NV in an interview on April 17.
● Ukraine needs more soldiers – Humeniuk comments on mobilization in Ukraine
Ukraine needs more soldiers because of losses, the spokesperson for the Ukrainian military in the south, Natalia Humeniuk, said at a briefing in Ukraine Media Center Odesa on April 18.
● Poland backtracks on Ukrainian agriculture transit ban
Ukraine and Poland have reached an agreement on restarting transit of Ukrainian grain, Ukraine’s Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food reported on April 18.
● A soul and a future (OP-ED)
UAF volunteer and writer Sarah Ashton-Cirillo on Ukraine and American values.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News