Tank news, Russian nukes in Belarus, Moscow Patriarchate departure from Lavra approaching
Your slice of the top headlines in Ukraine. Daily. Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
● German Leopard-2 tanks arrive in Ukraine
All 18 Leopard-2 tanks and about 40 Marder infantry fighting vehicles previously pledged by Berlin have arrived in Ukraine, German newspaper Der Spiegel reported on March 27.
● Ukrainian troops complete Challenger 2 tank training in UK
Ukrainian crews have returned home after completing training in the United Kingdom on British tanks that are expected to be used in a counter-offensive against Russia, UK newspaper the Guardian reported on March 27.
● SBU detains Russian FSB agents in eastern Ukraine, including assistant to MP
Ukraine’s SBU security service has neutralized a Russian FSB security service agent group that was preparing missile attacks on Ukrzaliznytsia facilities, the SBU’s press service reported on Telegram on March 27.
● Ukraine’s central bank slams Raiffeisen’s proposed Russia exit strategy
Ukraine’s central bank is concerned about Raiffeisen Bank International's strategy to exit the Russian market by swapping the assets of its Russian subsidiary for the sanctioned Sberbank in Austria, the regulator's press service told news agency Interfax-Ukraine on March 24.
● Resistance in Russian-occupied territories ramps up with explosions in Mariupol and Melitopol
Explosions were heard in the Russian-occupied southern Ukrainian cities of Mariupol and Melitopol on the morning of March 27.
● No more ‘dangerous’ money printing, says National Bank of Ukraine
Ukraine will no longer return to “dangerous” money printing to cover state expenses, National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) chair Andriy Pyshnyi confirmed to the Financial Times on March 26.
● UOC-MP monks intend to remove ‘everything but relics’ from Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra
After being ordered to vacate the premises, representatives of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) plan to remove "everything but the relics" from Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra monastery, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reported on March 27, citing a source among the clergy.
● Former 'Berkut' officer abuses kidnapped Ukrainian children
A former member of Ukraine’s disgraced and dissolved Berkut special police, Valeriy Atakhov, abused abducted Ukrainian children in Crimea, Russian independent magazine the Insider claimed on March 26 after conducting a special investigation.
● 1.5 million Ukrainian children at risk of serious psychological problems – Zelenskyy
Over 1.5 million Ukrainian children are at risk of developing depression, anxiety, and other psychological problems due to Russia’s brutal war, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told Hollywood star Orlando Bloom and the UNICEF team on March 26.
● Russia’s plans to move nukes to Belarus further involves it in ‘military machine’ – Poland’s MFA
Russia’s plan to deploy tactical nuclear weapons on the territory of Belarus is a step towards further involving Minsk in the “military machine of the Russian Federation,” Polish Foreign Ministry spokesperson Łukasz Jasina told Polish media outlet RMF FM on March 26.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News