Casualties reported following latest attacks in Luhansk Oblast

31 March, 01:15 PM
An oil storage facility in Lysychansk caught fire after shelling by Russian invaders (Photo:Serhiy Gaidai / Telegram)

An oil storage facility in Lysychansk caught fire after shelling by Russian invaders (Photo:Serhiy Gaidai / Telegram)

Russian invaders shelled Lysychansk, Severodonetsk and Rubizhne of the Luhansk Oblast using all types of heavy weapons over the past day, March 30, reported the head of the Luhansk regional military administration, Serhiy Gaidai, via Telegram messenger on March 31.

As a result of these attacks, an oil storage facility in Lysychansk and a school in Severodonetsk, as well as dozens of houses, have been engulfed by fire.

The most difficult situation is in Lysychansk — where Russian invaders are shelling residential areas with artillery and Grad rocket systems.

Видео дня

Two people have been killed and two children, injured during the attacks, are in critical condition. The total number of victims of the assault are currently being clarified.

Haidai added that due to the constant shelling, the dead and wounded could not be taken or evacuated from the streets of the city.

The shelling follows an announcement made on March 29 by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who said that the primary tasks of the first stage of the “special military operation” had been completed, so the Russian Armed Forces would now focus on “liberating Donbas.”

Later, the Russian Defense Ministry said that Moscow "decided to drastically reduce hostilities" in the Kyiv and Chernihiv directions. However, no serious evidence of such a “drastic reduction” has yet been noted.

Oleksiy Arestovych, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief-of-staff, said that heavy fighting was ongoing in the Joint Forces Operation zone in Donbas and Mariupol.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X