Casualties reported in Vuhledar as Russian invaders fire artillery at aid distribution point, says Donetsk governor

6 April, 02:58 PM
People were fired upon as they stood in line for the humanitarian (Photo:Pavlo Kirilenko/Telegram)

People were fired upon as they stood in line for the humanitarian (Photo:Pavlo Kirilenko/Telegram)

At least two people were killed and five were injured as a result of an artillery strike on a humanitarian aid distribution point in the town of Vuhledar in Donetsk Oblast on April 6, Donetsk Governor Pavlo Kyrylenko reported via Telegram messenger.

"A humanitarian aid distribution point has been shelled from rocket artillery by Russian fascists in Vuhledar," he said.

"At the moment it's known that two people were killed and five were injured. We are documenting all the crimes committed by Russia on our land."

At 0500 on Feb. 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that he had decided to launch a "special operation" in the Donbas following a request from the puppet authorities in the non-government-controlled Luhansk and Donetsk territories. Previously, the Russian government repeatedly stated that it would not attack Ukraine, while for months it massed troops and equipment next to its border with Ukraine.

Видео дня

April 6 is the 42nd day of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine. After being defeated by Ukrainian forces in the north, Russia is still advancing in the east and south.

Since the first days of the war, the most difficult situations have been seen in Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, and Mariupol. For more than a month, Russia also shelled Kyiv and the outskirts of the capital, completely destroying a number of settlements.

At the moment, the enemy is trying to seize those territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts that were under the control of Ukraine before the war. It is massing its troops for an attack on the Donbas.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X