No combat operations reported on Kupyansk front after Russia gets teeth kicked, says military spox

13 September 2023, 03:57 PM

The Kupyansk front was unusually quiet over the last 24 hours as not a single combat operation took place, according to the Eastern Military Group’s spokesperson, Ilya Yevlash, in an interview with RFE/RL on Sept. 13.

"Sometimes this happens, and the enemy begins to use its tactics. However, this does not mean that there are no combat actions there at all," Yevlash said.

“The enemy previously got a good kick in the teeth near Novoehorivka and other settlements."

The UK Ministry of Defense intelligence briefing recently reported that Russian forces were aiming to impede the Ukrainian counteroffensive by launching offensive operations around Kupyansk, diverting Ukrainian defense forces from their advance in southern Ukraine.

Ad

Speaking on Aug. 27, Yevlash said that Russia had amassed approximately 110,000 troops in the Lyman-Kupyansk section of the front.

The military war may be swinging in our favor, but the information war continues.

Just as an army needs soldiers, so does a free society need its journalists to ensure that people have access to honest, trustworthy voices to understand the world around them.

For the past five years, The New Voice of Ukraine has been working tirelessly to push back against Russian narratives and defend democracy. But we cannot do it alone.

Please consider supporting us on Patreon for just $5 a month – your donation does directly to supporting journalists and ensuring that this front of the infowar says solid and defended.

Thank you.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news