Russian invaders continue offensive operations in two areas in Donbas, General Staff says
Invaders continue to advance despite heavy losses (Photo:Shannon Stapleton/Reuterrs)
Invading Russian forces continue offensive operations in the Lyman and Bakhmut areas, but are suffering heavy losses, Ukraine’s General Staff said in a Facebook post on Feb. 1.
The Ukrainian military said enemy offensives in the Avdiyivka and Novopavlivka areas had been unsuccessful.
Over the past day, Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled enemy attacks near Yampolivka, Spirne, Rozdolivka, Blahodatne, Chervona Hora, Bakhmut, Klishchiyivka, and Paraskoviyivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- No significant changes, and no offensive enemy groups have been observed in the Volyn, Polissya, Siversk, and Slobozhanske areas. The enemy shelled the vicinities of Rozhkovychi, Basivka, Oleksandrivka, Hrabovske (Sumy Oblast), as well as Veterynarne, Strilecha, Hlyboke, Zelene, Neskuchne, Ohirtseve, Vovchansk, Starytsia, and Budarky (Kharkiv Oblast) with mortars and artillery;
- In the Kupyansk area of Kharkiv Oblast, the enemy attacked Ukrainian positions in the vicinities of Ivanivka, Kupyansk, Kyslivka, Kotliarivka (Kharkiv Oblast), Novoselivske, and Kovalivka (Luhansk Oblast);
- In the Lyman area, Novoiehorivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka, Kreminna, and Dibrova (in Luhansk Oblast) came under enemy fire;
- In the Bakhmut area, the invaders shelled Verkhniokamianske, Spirne, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Predtechyne, Klishchiyivka, Kurdiumivka, Druzhba, and Maiorsk (Donetsk Oblast);
- In the Avdiyivka area, Berdychi, Tonenke, Pivnichne, Avdiyivka, Vodiane, Heorhiyivka, Maryinka, and Peremoha were shelled by the Russians;
- In the Novopavlivka area, enemy shelling was recorded near Velyka Novosilka, Neskuchne, Novoukrainka, Bohoiavlenka, Vuhledar, and Mykilski Dachi (Donetsk Oblast);
- In the Zaporizhzhya area, the Russians shelled the vicinities of 20 settlements, including Vremivka, Novopil (Donetsk Oblast), and Malynivka, Huliaipole, Charivne, Orikhiv, and Novodanylivka (Zaporizhzhya Oblast);
- In the Kherson area, the vicinities of 21 settlements, including Zolota Balka, Mykolayivka, Tiahynka, Poniativka, Antonivka, Berehove, Yantarne, and Kherson came under MLRS, artillery, and mortar fire. The attacks caused casualties among civilian population.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News