Russian troops advance on five directions, Ukrainian army repels about 100 attacks
Ukrainian defenders repelled about 100 attacks by the Russian invaders (Photo:Генштаб)
Russian invading forces are focusing their efforts on offensive actions in the directions of Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka and Shacktarske, the morning daily update of Ukraine's military General Staff reported on Facebook on Feb. 24.
Ukrainian defenders repelled about 100 attacks in these areas, the General Staff said.
- In the Volyn, Polissya, Siversk and Sloboda sections of the front in the north and east of Ukraine, no signs of the formation of combat offensive groups were observed. Russians troops shelled with mortars and artillery the settlements of Senkivka, Yeline, Medvedivka, Leonivka and Mikhalchyna Sloboda in Chernihiv Oblast; Sopych, Korenyok, Hirky, Ryzhivka, Iskryskivshchyna, Volfyne, Oleksiyivka, Vodolohy, Zapsillia and Myropillia in Sumy Oblast; over 22 districts of settlements in Kharkiv Oblast, including Chervona Zoria, Veterynarne, Strilecha, Lukysntsi, Vovchanski Hutory, Ustynivka, Bolohivka and Chervone Pershe. Enemy aircraft also launched attacks on Dvorichne and Ohirtseve.
- In the Kupyansk and Lyman areas, the failed offensive actions near the settlements of Stelmakhivka, Dibrova, Bilohorivka, Fedorivka and Rozdolivka. They shelled over 20 settlements, including Hryanykivka, Synkivka, Kypyansk, Tabayivka in Kharkiv Oblast; Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Makiyivka, Yampil, Nevske, Dibrova and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast; Hryhorivka, Spirne, Berestove, Rozdolivka and Fedorivka in Donetsk Oblast. The enemy launched aircraft attacks near Hrianykivka, Kotliarivka and Krokhmalne in Kharkiv Oblast, as well as near Serebryansky forestry and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast. Spirne and Sakko i Vantsetti in Donetsk Oblast were also damaged. The occupiers used six barrage munitions of the Lancet type in the area.
- In the Bakhmut section of the front, the enemy failed attack actions on the positions of Ukrainian defenders near the settlements of Zeleznianske, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Dyliyivka, Vasylivka, Berkhivka, and Bakhmut itself. More than 20 settlements came under fire, including Zeleznianske, Berkhivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Kurdiumivka, Mayorsk, Pivnichne, Ivanopillia and Krasnohorivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Avdiivka and Shakhtarsk sections of the front, Russian troops went on the offensive near Vodyane, Nevelsky, Novomykhailivka and Prechystivka, but failed. Over 25 districts of settlements came under fire, including Novobakhmutivka, Avdiivka, Berdychi, Orlivka, Pervomaiske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar and Prechistivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Zaporizhzhya section of the front, the enemy shelled the areas around Vremivka and Novopil in Donetsk Oblast; Zelene Pole, Olhivske, Poltavka, Charivne, Novodanylivka, Orihiv, Kamianske, Lukyanivske, Sternohirsk and Pavlivske in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, Marhanets, Chervonohryhorivka and Nikopol in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast.
- In the Kherson section of the front, Mykhailivka, Havrylivka, Beryslav, Vesele, Odradokamyanka, Mykolayivka, Krynky, Novotiahynka, Zymivnyk and Kherson itself were damaged by artillery fire by Russian invasion forces among the others.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News