It would seem that Russia’s war goals were to ensure its total international isolation, a NATO expansion, and Ukraine reclaiming Crimea, Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said in a Twitter post on Sept. 10.
Specifically, Podolyak mused that – despite what Russia insists on during UN Security Council sessions – Moscow’s true objectives seem to be:
- Dissolution of its puppet regimes in occupied Donbas;
- Ukraine liberating Crimea;
- A NATO expansion;
- Losing the European natural gas market;
- Russian economic collapse;
- International isolation by a new “iron curtain.”
“Everything is going according to plan and ahead of schedule,” Podolyak said, taunting the Kremlin.