Former SOF commander learned of his dismissal from news reports

Nation

3 November 2023, 11:30 PM

Former Ukrainian Special Operations Forces (SOF) commander Viktor Khorenko was unaware he is being dismissed from his post until he heard about it on the news, Khorenko told Ukrainska Pravda on Nov. 3.

“I personally don't know the reason [for the dismissal],” said Khorenko.

“I found out from the media and had a conversation with the Commander-in-Chief [Valerii Zaluzhnyi], who also couldn’t give me an explanation.”

According to him, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valerii Zaluzhnyi similarly didn’t know Zelenskyy was replacing the SOF commander until after it happened.

“Zaluzhnyi asked me if I knew what the situation was; I told him that I had no information,” Khorenko added.

When pressed by a journalist on whether it seemed that Zaluzhnyi did not know about Zelenskyy’s plans either, Khorenko responded: “it seems that way.”

Earlier on Nov. 3, Zelenskyy appointed a new SOF commander — Col. Serhiy Lupanchuk. No public information is available about Lupanchuk.

Khorenko commanded the SOF since July 25, 2022.

Інші новини

Все новости