Invaders on offensive in two oblasts, Ukrainian forces fight back
The occupiers went on the offensive in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions (Photo:General Staff)
The Ukrainian army has repelled Russian attacks in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts over the past 24 hours, the Ukrainian military’s General Staff reported in its morning summary on Dec. 12.
Ukrainian troops stopped an offensive by the invaders in the areas of Stelmakhivka, Makiyivka, and the Serebryanske forest in Luhansk Oblast, as well as in Verkhnyokamyanske, Bilohorivka, Soledar, Yuriivka, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, and Vremivka in Donetsk Oblast.
The invaders also launched two missile strikes on civilian infrastructure in the town of Kostyantynivka, Donetsk Oblast, as well as 11 airstrikes on the positions of Ukrainian troops along the contact line. The Russians also launched more than 60 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems on civilian infrastructure of the city of Kherson and on Ukrainian positions.
- There are no significant changes in the Volyn and Polissya areas in northwestern Ukraine, and no signs of the formation of enemy offensive groups have been detected;
- In the Siverske and Sloboda areas in north and eastern Ukraine, mortar and artillery shelling was recorded near the settlements of Strelecha, Starytsia, Ohirtseve, Hatyshche, Volokhivka, Okhrymivka, Dvorichna, Kamianka in Kharkiv Oblast and Ivanovske of Donetsk Oblast;
- In Kupyansk and Lyman directions in the east, the enemy opened fire on 16 settlements, including Kyslivka, Kotlyarivka, Tabaivka, and Berestove of Kharkiv Oblast; Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Pishchane, Makiyivka and Ploshchanka in Luhansk Oblast; and Krasnopopivka, Terny, Yampolivka and Torske of Donetsk Oblast;
- In the sections of the front near Bakhmut and Avdiyivka, the Russian army fired at Ukrainian positions with tanks, mortars, rockets and artillery near 24 settlements, including Verkhnyokamianske, Bilohorivka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Druzhba, Zalizne, New York, Avdiyivka, Opytne, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka and Maryinka of Donetsk Oblast. The occupiers struck with the forces of operational-tactical and army aviation in the areas of Spirny and Bilohorivka;
- In Novopavlivka in the south-east, shelling was recorded near Novoukrainka, Prechystivka and Vugledar of Donetsk Oblast;
- In the Zaporizhzhya section of front, Russian troops shelled the settlements of Vremivka in Donetsk Oblast, as well as Zelene Pole, Novopil, Novodarivka, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Dorozhnianka, Hulyaipilske, Charivne, and Mali Shcherbaky in Zaporizhzhya Oblast;
- Chervonyy Mayak, Lviv, Inzhenerne, Chornobayivka and Kherson were fired upon in the Kherson area.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News