Russian invaders continue offensive in Donetsk area, Ukraine's General Staff says

19 May, 11:54 AM
The General Staff spoke about the battle for Donbas (Photo:General Staff)

The General Staff spoke about the battle for Donbas (Photo:General Staff)

Russian invaders are continuing their offensive actions in the Eastern Operational Zone, focusing on the Donetsk area, Ukraine's General Staff said in a Facebook post on May 19.

The Ukrainian military said that in the Sievierodonetsk direction, the occupiers launched an offensive and carried out assault operations near the village of Ustynivka, but were unsuccessful.

In the Bakhmut direction, the enemy launched an offensive to improve the tactical situation, as well as trying to carry out assault operations in the area of Zolote-4, but was unsuccessful.

Видео дня

In the Avdiyivka direction, Russian troops carried out offensive operations in the area of the village of Yuriyivka, suffered losses and retreated. The enemy was likewise unsuccessful after assault operations in the areas of Novokalynove and Pervomaiske.

In the Kurakhove direction, the enemy unsuccessfully launched an offensive near the village of Novomykhailivka.

In the Lyman direction, the invaders fired on civilian infrastructure, launched missiles and tried to gain a foothold in previously occupied positions.

The enemy also used operational-tactical and army aircraft to destroy civilian infrastructure in the areas of the settlements of Loskutivka, Katerynivka, Novomykhailivka and Orikhove.

Russia's war against Ukraine - the main events of May 19.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X