Russian attacks in Bakhmut decrease, Ukrainian military says
Eastern Group of Forces spokesperson Serhiy Cherevatyi (Photo:Сергій Череватий/Facebook)
The number of attacks by the Russian army in Bakhmut has decreased in recent days thanks to the powerful strikes by Ukraine’s army, as well as Russian attempts to regroup their forces, Eastern Group of Forces spokesperson Serhiy Cherevatyi said on April 1.
"In the context of 7-10 days, the number of attacks has slightly decreased," he said on Ukrainian national television.
“Previously, it was (between) 35 to over 50 times (per day), but now we see from 17 to 25.”
Russia’s Wagner mercenaries continue to suffer incredible losses, he said. Russia is attempting to reinforce them with airborne troop and motorized rifle units.
Bakhmut remains a priority target for the Russians, Cherevatyi said.
Over the past day, Russian occupation forces launched 170 artillery and rocket attacks in the frontline area, with 25 combat engagements taking place.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces killed 162 Russian soldiers and wounded around 157 others.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News