Russian forces attempting offensives on two fronts in Donbas, says General Staff
Ukrainian forces repel russian attack in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast (Photo:General Staff)
The Russian military is focusing its main efforts on conducting offensive actions on the Bakhmut and Avdiyivka sections of the front in the Donbas, the General Staff said in its morning report on Facebook on Dec. 1.
Over the past day, Ukrainian army units repelled attacks by Russian troops in the vicinity of Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as near Bilohorivka, Yakovlivka, Bakhmut, Kurdyumivka, Krasnohorivka, Kamyanka, Vodiane, Pervomaiske and Maryinka in Donetsk Oblast.
In order to prevent the advance of Ukrainian troops on the Svatove and Lyman sections of the front, Russian forces are building a defense line. They continue to move personnel, ammunition and fuel and lubricants to man and supply new units, and to reinforce those that have suffered losses.
Over the past day, the Russian invasion troops launched two missile strikes on civilian objects in Komyshuvakha, Zaporizhzhya Oblast, carried out 41 air strikes and 28 attacks using multiple rocket launchers on the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas, including the city of Kherson.
- On the Volyn and Polissya section of the front in north-western Ukraine the situation remained without significant change. No signs of formation of enemy offensive groups were detected. Training of separate units continues at the training grounds of the Republic of Belarus.
- On the Siverskyi part of the front in the north and center, the Russians fired artillery shells at the settlements of Seredyna Buda, Bachevsk, Bilopillya, Budky, and Krasnopillya in Sumy Oblast.
- On the Slobozhanskyi area in the north-east, the Russian military continues to keep troops in the border areas of Belgorod Oblast. Russian artillery shelling was recorded in the areas of Kozacha Lopan, and 10 other settlements in Kharkiv Oblast.
- Russian troops are holding the line on the Kupyansk and Lyman section of the front. Shelling of Kupyansk and six other settlements in Kharkiv Oblast and Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Makiyivka, and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast was recorded.
- Russian forces are focusing their primary efforts on conducting offensive actions on the Bakhmut section of the front. Shelling from tanks, mortars, cannon and rocket artillery was recorded in the areas of Bilohorivka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Chasiv Yar, and 10 other settlements.
- The enemy is trying to improve its tactical position on the Avdiyivka axis. Tanks and artillery of various types were used to fire at objects near Avdiyivka, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, and four other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Novopavlivka section of the front, Russian troops are on the defensive. Firing from all types of artillery was registered in the areas of Vuhledar, and three other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Zaporizhzhya section of the front in the south-east, Russian occupation troops are conducting defensive actions. They fired artillery shells near the settlements of Zahirne, Orikhiv, Novoandriyivka, Mali Shcherbaky and Plavni in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, as well as Nikopol in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast.
- On the Kherson section of the front in the south and center, Russian forces are defending previously occupied positions. Artillery and tank attacks were registered near settlements located on the west bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson Oblast. Enemy shelling of the suburbs and Kherson city itself continues.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News