Russian forces advance along entire Donetsk Oblast front
Russian troops improved their tactical positions in eight settlements of Ukraine’s Donetsk Oblast, the DeepState monitoring group reported on Telegram early on Jan. 13.
According to the updated maps of the frontline, the enemy advanced in the cities of Chasiv Yar and in Toretsk, in the villages of Yantarne, Novovasylivka, and improved its tactical positions near Yelizavetivka, Zelene, Zverove, and Kotlyne.
On Jan. 11, the DeepState reported that another Ukrainian city in Donetsk Oblast, Kurakhove, had been fully occupied by Russian troops.
The report was later refuted by Viktor Trehubov, spokesperson for the Ukrainian Khortytsia troop grouping, who said that the Kurajhove Thermal Power Plant, located within the city limits, was still under the Ukrainian forces' control.
The military war may be swinging in our favor, but the information war continues.
Just as an army needs soldiers, so does a free society need its journalists to ensure that people have access to honest, trustworthy voices to understand the world around them.
For the past five years, The New Voice of Ukraine has been working tirelessly to push back against Russian narratives and defend democracy. But we cannot do it alone.
Please consider supporting us on Patreon for just $5 a month – your donation does directly to supporting journalists and ensuring that this front of the infowar says solid and defended.
Thank you.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News