Russian invading forces are trying to advance from newly captured settlements of Luhansk Oblast to the first villages of Donetsk Oblast, Luhansk Governor Serhiy Hayday said in a Telegram post on July 9.
According to the governor, Russian troops achieved minor successes on July 8 and continued their offensive west of Lysychansk.
"It may seem that the invaders are conducting an offensive operation to the west of Lysychansk and that's all," Hayday said.
"However, we’re trying to contain the Russian armed formations along the entire front line. They’re continuing to try to break into the neighboring region along the administrative border. They’re attacking from several directions. Where it is inconvenient for them to move forward, they make real hell, shelling the territories on the horizon. Therefore, there’s danger coming from everywhere – from Kreminna to Popasna."
Hayday added that Russian troops delivered eight artillery and three mortar strikes overnight on June 9. In addition, the enemy launched nine missile strikes.
"So far, we haven’t observed anything like the operational pause declared by the enemy," Hayday said.
"They’re attacking and shelling our lands with the same intensity as before. Our military is courageously holding the line."