Ukrainian forces repel Russian assault on multiple axes, reports General Staff
Ukrainian forces repelled invaders' attacks in the area of 11 settlements in three regions (Photo:General Staff)
Russian invading forces are on the offensive in the areas of Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, Shachterske, Nevske, Novobakhmutivka, Vodiane, and Mariyinka, Ukraine’s General Staff reported in their morning update on Feb. 21.
In the past 24 hours, Ukrainian defenders repelled the invaders' attacks in and around the settlements of Hrianykivka and Masiutivka in Kharkiv Oblast, Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, Vasiukivka, Berkhovka, Bakhmut, Vasylivka, Novobakhmutivka, Vodiane, Nevelske and Mariinka in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Volyn, Polissya, Siverske and Sloboda areas, no signs of enemy's assault groups were observed. Over the past day, Russians shelled the settlements of Senkivka and Elino in Chernihiv Oblast; Novoslobidske, Bilipillia, Yunakivka, Myropilske and Krasnopillia in Sumy Oblast; more that 25 areas in and around Streleche, Krasne, Zelene, Ternova, Bochkove, Mala Vovcha, Ozerne, Hryhorivka, Dvorichna, Kupyansk and other. The enemy's aircraft carried out a strike from the Russian territory on Hranov in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Kupyansk and Lyman directions in the east of Ukraine, the enemy opened fire on the settlements of Dvurichna, Hrianykivka, Pishchane, Krochmalne and Pervomayske in Kharkiv Oblast; Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Chervonopopivka and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast; Dibrova, Fedorivka, Ivanivka and Kotliarivka in Donetsk Oblast. Airstrikes were launched in the areas of Bilohorivka and Spirne.
- In the sections of the front near Bakhmut, the Russian army fired at Ukrainian positions with tanks, mortars, rockets and artillery near 20 settlements, including Rozdolivka, Bilohorivka, Vasiukivka, Zaliznyanske, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Klishchiyivka, Kurdiumivka, Ozarianivka, Oleksandro-Shultyne, New York, and Vesele Donetsk Oblast.
- In the sections of the front near Avdiyivka and Shachterske, more than 30 settlements were shelled by the Russian army, including Novobakhmutivka, Avdiyivka, Vodiane, Nevelske, Krasnohorivka, Heorhiivka, Maryinka, Bohoyavlenka, Vuhledar and Prechystivka in Donetsk Oblast. Russian aviation carried out strikes on the areas of Oleksandropillia, Kamyanka, Avdiyivka, Marynka and Vuhledar.
- In the Zaporizhzhya section of the front, Russian troops shelled over25 settlements, including Novoavdiyivka, Vremivka and Novopil in Donetsk Oblast, as well as Olhivske, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, Novodanylivka and Stepne in Zaporizhzhya Oblast;
- In the Kherson area, over 35 settlements were affected by Russian fire, including Zolota Balka, Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Beryslav, Kozatske, Mykolayivka, Antonivka, Kherson, Dniprovske, Berehove and Veletenske in Kherson Oblast.
We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News