Russians attack on four sections of front, Ukrainian forces repelling enemy offensive
Ukrainian forces stop enemy offensive in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts (Photo:General Staff)
Russian invasion forces are focused on conducting offensive actions on the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka and Zaporizhzhya sections of the front line, Ukraine’s General Staff reported in its morning update on Facebook on Dec. 13.
In other areas, invading troops are trying to pin down Ukrainian army units, shelling the positions of the Ukrainian military and civilian objects along the entire front line, while building up defensive lines and positions.
Over the past day, Ukrainian army units repelled Russian attacks in the vicinities of six settlements in Luhansk Oblast, as well as at Soledar, Bakhmut, Avdiyivka, Maryinka and six other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
Over the day, Russian troops launched seven missile strikes, five of which targeted civilian infrastructure in Kostyantynivka, Donetsk Oblast, and fired 79 rockets, including at the city of Kherson. There were casualties among civilians.
The situation remains without significant changes in the Volyn, Polissya, Siverskyi, and Slobozhanskyi areas, where no signs of formation of enemy offensive groups were detected. Over the last day, mortar and artillery attacks were registered near Seredyna-Buda and Ryasne in Sumy Oblast, as well as 10 settlements in Kharkiv Oblast.
- On the Kupyansk section of front, areas around four settlements of Kharkiv Oblast, as well as four in Luhansk Oblast, came under fire from tanks and all types of artillery.
- On the Lyman section of front, four settlements in Donetsk Oblast and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast were shelled with tanks, mortars, rockets and artillery.
- On the Bakhmut section of front, occupying troops fired from tanks and artillery of various types near around 12 settlements, including Soledar, Bakhmut, and Chasiv Yar in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Avdiyivka section of front in Donetsk Oblast, almost 20 localities were shelled with tanks, mortars and rockets.
- On the Novopavlivka section of front, artillery attacks of various types were registered near Vuhledar, and four other settlements in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Zaporizhzhya section of front, Vremivka (Donetsk Oblast), Huliaypole, Orikhiv, Mali Shcherbaki, and 11 other settlements (Zaporizhzhya Oblast) were shelled with tanks and all types of artillery.
- On the Kherson section of front, the settlements of Kherson Oblast bordering the contact line came under mortar and artillery fire, with Antonivka, Chornobayivka and Kherson suffering the most.
Aviation of the Defense Forces conducted five strikes on concentrations of Russian personnel, weapons, and military equipment over the past day.
On Dec. 12, missile and artillery units of the Ukrainian Defense Forces alsohit two command posts, six concentrations of Russian personnel, and a fuel and lubricants depot.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News