Russians retreat from Sumy Oblast

4 April, 02:28 PM
Hospital in Trostyanets after the shelling of the occupiers (Photo:t.me/Zhyvytskyy)

Hospital in Trostyanets after the shelling of the occupiers (Photo:t.me/Zhyvytskyy)

After spending weeks terrorizing civilians in Sumy oblast, Russian troops are currently actively withdrawing from the area, Dmytro Zhyvytskyi, the head of the regional administration, said on April 4.

“Russian troops have been actively withdrawing from our oblast since yesterday,” said Zhyvytskyi.

“Last week, we saw large concentrations of Russian troops… around Konotop; … new convoys were entering (the area), digging in, and terrorizing (locals).”

According to Zhyvytskyi, the invaders brought terror to local residents: they fired at civilians, indiscriminately and randomly firing at houses and forests with tanks, grenade launchers, mortars, and machine guns.

Видео дня

“But our Armed Forces, together with (volunteer) Territorial Defense forces, have pursued the rampaging Russian hordes across Chernihiv Oblast; … we saw a lot of military vehicles retreating towards Russia, away from our artillery fire,” Zhyvytskyi said.

“They were hauling damaged tanks and armored vehicles, and a whole concentration of troops was there to cover their retreat, while being pursued by our troops.”

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

Show more news
X