Invading Russian forces are conducting combat operations to create conditions for an offensive on Bakhmut and for taking over the territory of the Vuhlehirska thermal power plant, Ukraine's General Staff said in a Facebook post on July 24.
The Ukrainian military said that over the past day, the enemy had carried out assaults from different directions to establish control over the territory of the Vuhlehirska TPP, however Ukrainian soldiers pushed the invaders back again.
The situation in other areas was as follows:
· The situation has not undergone any significant changes in the Volyn and Polissya directions. The units of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to carry out certain tasks to strengthen security in the border areas of the Brest and Gomel oblasts.
· In the Siversky direction, the enemy shelled the areas of the settlements of Hai in Chernihiv Oblast and Hudove, Yastrubyne, Bilopillia and Hrabovske in Sumy Oblast. In addition, the invaders periodically conduct aerial reconnaissance of the positions of the defense forces in these areas.
· In the Kharkiv direction, the enemy used artillery to attack the settlements of Pytomnyk, Petrivka, Novomykolaivka, Stary Saltiv, Blahodatne, Prudyanka, Lisne, Lebyazhe, Korobochkyne, Derhachi, Peremoha, etc.
· In the Kramatorsk direction, shelling was recorded near Starodubivka, Dronivka, Piskunivka, Siversk, Spirne, and Ivano-Daryivka. The invaders also used an UAV.
· In the direction of Bakhmut, the enemy shelled military and civilian infrastructure in the areas of Zaitseve, Vershyna, Berestove, Shumy, Bakhmut, New York, Bakhmutske, Pokrovske, Novoluhanske, Vesele, and other settlements. The invaders also used army aviation.
· In the Avdiyivka, Novopavlivka, and Zaporizhzhya directions, systematic shelling was recorded in the areas of the settlements of Zolota Nyva, Vuhledar, Vesele, Avdiyivka, Krasnohorivka, and many others. In some areas, the invaders are trying to engineer improvements in their defensive lines and positions.
· In the Southern Buh River direction, the enemy is concentrating its main efforts on maintaining the occupied positions by shelling civilian and military infrastructure near Chervona Dolyna, Kyselivka, Ternivka, Dobryanka, Oleksandrivka, Kobzartsi, Lepetykha, and others.
"Our rocket and artillery and aviation units continue to hit the enemy's strongholds, concentration points and warehouses in the designated directions," reads the report.