Ukrainian forces repelled a number of Russian attacks in and around the town of Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, as well as near the settlements of Spirne, Berestove, Bakhmut, Kurdiumivka, Pivnichne, Novobakhmutivka, Krasnohorivka, Pervomayske, Nevelske and Mariinka in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine's General Staff reported in its morning update on Nov. 23.
In the past 24 hours, Russian invading forces launched five missile strikes on settlements in Kharkiv and Donetsk oblasts and fired about 45 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems on Ukrainian positions, cities, and villages.
Overall, the situation is as follows:
- In the Volyn and Polisk areas, the situation hasn't changed notably, and there is no evidence of the presence of offensive forces.
- In the Siversky area, near the border of the Russian Bryansk and Kursk oblasts, invading forces continue to conduct ‘provocative actions’, and conducted shelling with mortars and artillery near Semenivka in Chernihiv Oblast, as well as near Novovasylivka, Kustyne, Druzhba, Vilna Sloboda and Shalyhine in Sumy Oblast.
- In the Slobozhanske area, Russian troops have been deployed as a show of force in Russia's Belgorod Oblast, near the Ukrainian border, and occasionally shell Ukrainian positions with mortars and artillery. Areas in and around Strileche, Hlyboke, Chervone, Izbytske, and Ohirtseve in Kharkiv Oblast were attacked. A sabotage and reconnaissance group attempted to penetrate Ukrainian lines near the settlement of Starytsia, but was neutralized.
- In the Kupyansk and Lyman areas, Russian forces continue to improve their defensive positions, shelling with tanks and artillery, in particular near Kyslivka, Tabaiivka, Krokhmalne, Berestove and Vyshneve in Kharkiv Oblast and Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Maki-ivka, Ploshchanka, Yampolivka and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast.
- In the Bakhmut and Andriivka areas, Russians forces have attempt a number of offensive assaults, shelling with tanks and artillery of various calibres the territories around Spirne, Vyiimka, Berestove, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Opytne, Andriivka, Zelenopillia, Yakovlivka, Klischiivka, Avdiivka, Vodiane, Pervomayske, Nevelske and Mariinka.
- In the Novopavlivsk and Zaporizhzhya areas, invading forces have taken defensive positions and are shelling Ukrainian positions with artillery of all calibers near Vuhledar, Shachtarske, Vremivka, Prechystivka, Velyka Novosilka and Novopil in Donetsk Oblast and Zelenyi Hai, Dorozhniaka, Temuvannia, Poltavka, Krasne and Orikhov in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
- In the Kryvyy Rih and Kherson areas, Russian occupying forces havetaken defensive positions. They are constructing fortifications and are continuing to shell Ukrainian positions and civilian structures on the western bank of the Dnipro River, in particular against the town of Mariivka in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, as well as the settlements of Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Novotiahynka, Tokarivka, Poniativka, Antonivka, Dniprovske and Kherson in Kherson Oblast
Additional fortifications were spotted along the road from Kakhovka to Melitopol, and also in Kherson and Zaporizhzhya oblasts.